October 22, 2016

Bookstore Tour #2 - Gigamesh

Hola, com va això? 

I went to another bookstore on the list on Tuesday. It's called Gigamesh, and it's on Calle es Bailén, also in Eixample. I know that neighbourhood because I've been to Arc de Triomfe and Parc de la Ciutedella before, so the bookstore was an easy find. 

But before that, I found this place on my walk:


I was pretty excited because a library

Alas, when I went inside, there was a lady standing in front of the entrance to the biblioteca, speaking to a man who was also planning to go in. From the gist of it, they were holding a private event or something and the man retreated. When I asked (more like hollered from the ground because you had to climb up a grand staircase to the entrance) if it was closed today, the lady replied in rapid Spanish that I couldn't understand so I was like "Ah, vale," and zoomed back out. 

I should go again sometime to check it out.

Also, I found this gem:

ASIAN SUPERMARKET FTW.
The store is huge, me gusta
Alas, no sweet soy sauce.
If you're following me on Instagram then you're probably aware of how I'm still looking for sweet soy sauce. I still regret not bringing any sauces from home because it's so hard to find substitutes here. I've tried three soy sauces but they're all meh so I threw them out. 

My cooking experience is really affected by this. I miss my mom's fully-stocked kitchen. 

*wipes sole tear* 

Anyway,




Yes, English paperbacks





This is also one of the best bookstores I've been to because it's filled with pop culture stuff, albeit in a different language. They also have a wide selection of English books, and even their Young Adult section is pretty amazing. 

Shadow of Night, and The Book of Life photobombing in the background
The Young Elites
I wish I had enough money to buy foreign editions of my faves. I only reserve that for Melina Marchetta--I'd do anything for Melina Marchetta. Speaking of, I finally finished Tell the Truth Shame the Devil today and I'm dead inside.

Until next time, fins ara!

No comments :

Post a Comment

speak.