January 9, 2017

twenty seventeen.

Holy wow, it's a new year already!
New year, same me, because I'm a person who never learns shit My 2017 resolutions are pretty simple; 
  • drink water consistently,
  • don't sweat the small stuff,
  • give my best in everything I do,
  • ask for help when I need it

and of course, read and read and read. Maybe expand my horizons a bit this year; there are a lot of genres I haven't explored yet. 

I said this every year, honestly.

Anyway, 

I only have a few more weeks left in Barcelona (three, to be exact). I'm stressed out every time I think about it. This past 4 months have been more than a dream, and in a way a long vacation, and I'm so not ready to dive back into the world of research. I still have one year left in my Master's degree. One year. It'll no doubt go by quickly but for now...one year.

Jesus.

Today I dragged my lazy arse out to buy food because I literally had nothing to eat or cook with, but first I took a detour to my favourite neighbourhood, the Gothic Quarter. I had Chinese takeout in front of the Barcelona cathedral while contemplating my last days here (much sad), and on my way back I took a turn into an alley I've never been into and got out in the end of it to this:


The mural is made up of photo submissions describing "moments of freedom". I love the whole lot of it. It also has this quote on the plate that I found lovely:

The sound of a kiss is not as loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer.

As I stood there in front of the mural piece I thought about the number of times I've been in the area and never went down that alley until today, and I started feeling sad again for all the things I unknowingly missed.

Depressing, I know. 

It's a vicious cycle of sad I can't get out of.


I still need to write all that travel posts. 
Ugh, why am I so bad at blogging @ god-


No comments :

Post a Comment

speak.